Monday, September 28, 2015

The Girl From the Well by Rin Chupeco

I am a fan of the paranormal, but horror/ghost stories are not usually the first genre I pick up and read.  I think it was the book cover that got my attention.  As expected, it is dark, dreary, and at times violent.  If you are a fan of scary stories or scary movies (in particular "The Ring" as it is connected, but not the same story), you will enjoy this one.  It probably won't keep you up at night, but the creepiness factor is definitely there.  There is a sequel titled The Suffering that I have not yet read, but it is definitely on my list

From Amazon:

I am where dead children go.

Okiku is a lonely soul. She has wandered the world for centuries, freeing the spirits of the murdered-dead. Once a victim herself, she now takes the lives of killers with the vengeance they're due. But releasing innocent ghosts from their ethereal tethers does not bring Okiku peace. Still she drifts on.

Such is her existence, until she meets Tark. Evil writhes beneath the moody teen's skin, trapped by a series of intricate tattoos. While his neighbors fear him, Okiku knows the boy is not a monster. Tark needs to be freed from the malevolence that clings to him. There's just one problem: if the demon dies, so does its host.

No comments:

Post a Comment