Monday, June 27, 2016

Last Night I Sang to the Monster by Benjamin Alire Saenz

This book, it tears me up.  It stuns me out.  It was incredible.  Last Night I Sang to the Monster is a story about addiction, and one teen's battle with his monster.  It is sad.  It is depressing.  It is hopeless.  And at the same time, it is wonderful.  It is uplifting.  It is hopeful.  I cannot sing the praises of this book any higher.  I loved it and it is a book that is going to stick with me for quite a while.  Thank you Adelyn Soellner for suggesting this book to me.

From Amazon:

Last Night I Sang to the Monster was chosen as one of the Top Ten YA Books of Fiction in 2010.

Zach is eighteen, bright, and articulate. He's also an alcoholic, in rehab instead of high school, but he doesn't remember how he got there. What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment